Bookmobile Driver Job Description
Job Summary: The bookmobile driver will work directly with the public. The main role of the Book Mobile Librarian will be to drive the bookmobile to deliver library materials to patrons throughout Floyd County. He or she will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the book mobile as well as scheduling and selection of library materials for the bookmobile.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the bookmobile to scheduled stops
- Create a scheduled route that best serves the people of Floyd County
- Coordinate bookmobile maintenance services and keeps accurate records of service
- Help with collection development for bookmobile collection which includes rotating material collections depending on scheduled stops
- Clean and maintain the bookmobile and bookmobile garage
- Maintain contact with area schools to schedule visits
- Must be approachable and cooperative in dealings with patrons and staff
- Must be a good ambassador for the library with the community
- Must operate the bookmobile safely and keep a good driving record
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
- Other duties as assigned by the library director
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull 50lbs.
- Working knowledge of laptop computers including the use of the internet, email, Microsoft office products and Polaris library system
- Ability to troubleshoot connection issues with mobile internet
- Willingness to learn new technology and trends as they become available
- Ability to be professional with the public and staff
- High school diploma or equivalent; Library Science degree preferred
- 2 years working with the public or in customer service; Public library experience preferred
This is a full-time position that is scheduled to work 37.5 hours a week involving some weekends and evenings. Starting salary will range between: $25,000 and $30,000 dependent upon on experience. Full benefits included.